Tuesday 12 April 2022

An update in April

Good morning folks

With Easter fast approaching I thought it might be an opportune moment to give a short update on Shed Wars activities.

As far as the house move is concerned I am delighted to report that we have now found a wonderful property in Somerset, just south of Bath, ad subject to all the usual surveys and contracts we will hopefully be the proud new owners in late Mayor early June. Fingers crossed. If there are any followers of this blog living in the area I'd love to here from you. I have some more exciting news about our future plans but I'll keep this quiet until we have actually signed the deal. 

This house move does mean a considerable amount of time has been spent on this new journey in our life but I have still been able to wield some paint brushes and throw some dice. Fortunately Mark F's cabin is now up and running and despite some hiccups with a number of roof tiles disappearing in the strong winds he really does have a wonderful set up. So for the last few weeks we have been playing at Mark's with games including a spectacular 6mm biblical set up and a couple of 10mm ECW games.

Egyptian forces in 6mm








I have also been adding to my Peninsular 28mm collection. In no particular order I have added a further eight British/KGL line battalions, another rigle unit (the 60th Regiment) and doubled the size of my Portuguese forces to six line battalions and one light unit.

I can now field 15 British Line (excludes rifles & highlanders)


Plus the two rifle battalions

Three new portuguese line battalions


Bringing the total of Portuguese to seven



 With the new Brits painted I managed to host a rather impressive Black Powder game on Monday night. It was apparent that I can only field about half of my Napoleonic forces on my 12ft table - guess what the plan is to build a 24ft table in my new location !!

 





So as we march into Summer and our impending house move the emphasis is to give the old shed a great send off by plugging in as many games as possible in the next few weeks.

More soon



5 comments:

  1. I like your thinking on table Size! Give them room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for the relocation Eric! In the meantime, bring on more Shed Action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice part of the country, hope your move is trouble free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice part of the world Eric! I can highly recommend a wargames group that meets in Frome. The Abbeywood Irregulars. Great bunch of people. Their webpage is a little behind, but I know they started meeting again: https://www.abbeywoodirregulars.uk/index.php/about/

    ReplyDelete