Wednesday 1 April 2020

Another shed extension part 4

Good Evening Folks - hope you are all well.

Its been almost two weeks now since I have set foot outside the house and thankfully I haven't gone stir crazy quite yet. Although its been cold I have been cracking on with the shed extension and here is the latest update. If you missed part three you can find it HERE

When I left you last I had just finished building the tables. The next job was to paint these up. Fortunately I still have gallons of white paint from the house decorations last year so the tables were given three coats of emulsion white - inside and out.



As you can see above its all still a bit of a mess inside.



One of the advantages of all four tables being on casters means I can push them to one side a create more floor space if required. I was whilst tidying up one afternoon the lights in the shed went out.

Now I should stress that I am no qualified electrician but I had a hunch it was the fuse box and given the old one was a bit battered and cracked I figured a replacement would be in order. A swift online order on Monday morning saw a new unit turn up in the post the next day. It was relatively straightforward to replace the old with the new and I am still here to tell the tale. Plus the lights are now working. Prior to Covid-19 I would have called an electrician in.




I also refurbished the interior window frames with a coat of paint and cleaned them for the first time in 15 years !



The final piece of construction saw the interir walls of the shed clad and painted. Unfortunately I do not have the materials to insulate and clad the ceiling so this will wait until normal movement is returned.



With the inside finally painted and cleaned up I could return my attention to the tables. These were given a couple of coats of paint on the tops.



The tables then were covered in some very cheap vinyl floor tiles - sadly the glue on these was lousy so I have had to nail and staple gun down the edges.



I think they look quite smart - albeit a bit shiny


A final shot of the four tables complete. I have enough times to cover the two other tables in the other room and sufficient to cover the extension boards


The extension boards will be my next task. Once the tables are finished the plan is to empty the middle part of the shed and redecorate that part.

More soon

Stay safe

EtS

Part 5 can be found HERE

10 comments:

  1. corona, teaching us resourcefulness since March 2020

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind the shed extension - replacing a fuse box yourself is very impressive! When I observed mine being done by a professional, the phrase "Snakes' Wedding" came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress. I probably would have been stumped at the power box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continue to be impressed. Electricity. I can change a plug. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love watching the progress of this shed. Wish I had the skills to manage a project like this. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete