Wednesday 15 February 2023

Tables and disillusionment

Morning All

Latest news from the Shed, for the previous post head HERE

When I left you last I posted a picture of the first table that had been built and I am delighted to report that this has now been joined by five others.


At this point I should extend a massive thanks to Mark F (picture below) for coming round and helping me put these together - thank you Mark !! 


These tables are all 6ft long and 2.5ft wide - and this gives me a number of combinations in configuration. They are all mounted on casters to ease movement around the room.



Ultimately these also have to serve as storage units for my terrain collection.

Ebay has been my best friend here with plastic 45 litre containers bought in bulk at about £7/unit



I have also repurposed some old ikea metal baskets brought from the last house. STOP Edit - this unit has proved totally impractical and will be dismantled and reconfigured


With the tables built attention has turned to some other parts of the room - for example a rescued frame from the new house now sports a new and more appropriate shed image..



An ebay purchase of £20 provided 4 more bar stools



And the flat screen TV is now uip on the wall - with Wifi already up and running in the shed this will no doubt be used for all manner of purposes.


Finally the blinds arrived and I have started to fit these - they do need to be cut down to fit the windows.



and onto the disillusionment - I have too much stuff !!! 

Trying to store all this and maintain the clean lines of the room I am trying to recreate had me beaten on Monday...as Mark F will testify I was somewhat shaken as we started to empty the boxes and try to cram everything in...even the fortifying glass of wine (see pic below) was not enough to beat the blues


What happened next...until next time


The next post in this series can be found HERE

5 comments:

  1. You are progressing at an amazing pace Giles, I am tired just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The shed is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there with the disillusionment, it’s great having such a large and varied collection but eventually it becomes a burden, a chore and takes the shine off the hobby. After lots of discussion with my son we decided anything we hadn’t used for over 5 years was sold and believe me that was a lot of stuff. However clearing figures and buildings that we hadn’t used was quite uplifting, the gaming room looked good, welcoming and tidy(ish). It was worth doing. You have a great facility be a pity if it gets over run

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Graham's comment above, I have been selling unused wargaming items for 6+ years and it is uplifting.
    The shed, tables and storage look brilliant. Still dreaming of a shed.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. only one thing for it: build a storage shed

    ReplyDelete