Monday 5 February 2018

Construction Work Finished (almost)

Hi Folks

If you have been following the blog over the last few weeks you will have noticed that there has been a bit of a break in my wargames activity - have no fear as this is about to change with a number of important updates waiting in the wings.

My priority has been to get my games shed back into action before the spring arrives and I am delighted to report that the new storage solution for the garden is now complete and all the crap in my room has now been transferred to the new building !

The new building.....




No referred to as the stable block with its three doors (and colour coded padlocks)



The bad news is that whilst working down the garden I noticed that the roof on my original shed (not the extension) has now started to show its age (over 12 years) and as a result a number of leaks have appeared. Its become a priority to get this roof replaced pronto so before I can begin to think about how my games shed will be rearranged inside the outside needs fixing.


As you can see in the picture below the old roof is covered in moss (and other rubbish) - it all has to be stripped off


Water damage inside



Roofing material has been bought and now just waiting on a couple of dry days



Now the good news - the games table is now clear

Before Shot





After shot



More progress on the games room will follow in the coming weeks


7 comments:

  1. The end is nigh master builder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verily, the End is Nigh! I am embarking on a new game room project myself, having just purchased a new home with a massive space above the garage that is mine... ALL MINE! MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you can see your table again, good luck with the roof!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress is being made. I hope the roofing job goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the missus doesn’t read this blog, I couldn’t do all that stuff (or wouldn’t).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is always going on about Eric the Shed's legendary construction skills as well as Andy, who lives opposite, who has every tool invented by man since the Bronze Age.

      The Old Bat is trying to put new fronts on our kitchen cupboards and was piling up off cuts the other week. "i'll chuck those in the bin!" I said, helpfully. "No! they could be useful!" she says. "Eric the Shed would have been able to reface the cupboard front in an hour and have enough wood left to build a model of the Parthenon in the evening!" Godlike status does not even begin to cover it.

      Delete
  6. bloody hell you are a one man machine , I have a feeling shedson and an army of teenagers didn't help ... I thought that's why we had kids so they do all the jobs we don't wanna do .

    ReplyDelete