Apologies for the lag in posts but things have been rather hectic in my life...
Up today are my trusty British Allies - the Portuguese. Three infantry battalions, a battalion of Cacadores, the officers and a gun battery join Wellingtons ranks
If however you missed the big post on the french infantry head here
First to take the field are the Cacadores - known to Wellington as his 'fighting cocks'
I bough 24 of these guys from Front Rank and they are fine fellows - I went with the Barretina Shako for these skirmish troops. The flags were acquired from the Line Infantry boxes from Warlord.
The Line Infantry are all from Warlords plastic range and can be bought quite cheaply on ebay for about £16/box inc postage. Very simple figures that have the option of wearing stovepipe or barretina shako's - mine all got the stove pipes.
Each regiment has been given a different colour facing - red, yellow and sky blue.
The flags came in the box
Of course I needed a Portuguese commander in chief and these two smart chaps were sourced from Fronk Rank
The Division mustering for inspection
The final piece of the jigsaw was to give this unit its own artillery - again sourced from Front Rank - just waiting on a base from Wasbases
So whats next....
Well I have almost finished the British Heavies and no doubt these will feature in the next post..
Just a quick recap of what is left to finish this project...
- British Command Stands (10)
- British Artillery - 6 Artillery pieces and crew
- British Infantry - 12 Battalions painted (inc 2 Highland & 1 Rifle)
- British Dragoons - 1 Regiment
- French Dragoons - 1 Regiment
- French Artillery - 6 Artillery pieces and crew (pictures below)
- French Curassiers - 1 regiment painted in brown coats as there was only one regiment in Spain
- French Chasseurs a Cheval - 3 regiments
- French Light Infantry - two regiments
- French Line Infantry - 10 Infantry Regiments
- British Hussars - 1 Regiment
- Portuguese line Infantry - 3 Regiments
- Portuguese Cacadores - 1 Regiment
- Portuguese Command
- Portuguese Artillery (still needs basing)
- British Heavy Dragoons - 1 Regiment
- British Household Cavalry - The Blues Regiment
To be painted -
- French Hussars - 2 Regiments
- French Lancers - 1 Regiment
- British Light Dragoons - 2 Regiments
- French Old Guard - I regiment (I know they did not fight in Spain)
- French Command
- French Light Infantry 1 regiment
- French Line Infantry 1 regiment
- French Swiss Infantry 1 Regiment
Part 12 can be found here
Great looking minis, ready for the inpection!ReplyDelete
Amazing work output!!ReplyDelete
Can't wait to see the first battle report.
Very impressive Eric.......for us mortals we can only drool at your productivity 🙂ReplyDelete
Impressive amount of exellent painted minis!ReplyDelete
Very nice looking units and a period very close to my heart. The actions in the Peninsular are very playable from a wargaming perspective.ReplyDelete
Speed of your painting is outstanding 😳ReplyDelete
Great looking Portuguese, they look fab and so fast too!ReplyDelete