Sunday 19 January 2014

Rulebooks - a frenzy of purchasing

So 2014 has started in earnest and as a result I have been casting around for the next set of adventures IO want to play. Aside from the Polar adventures I have long wanted to play some Pulp games and get involved in the Very British Civil War. The great thing about focussing on the latter two is that from a period point of view they are both set in the 20's and 30's so common sets of terrain and figures can be employed.

Having seen that Pulp Alley has its fair share of advocates I decided to go ahead and buy the rules. I saw that European distribution was being managed by  statuesque miniatures.

Unfortunately just before Xmas the rules and cards were both reported as out of stock. I contacted the company and with a great demonstration of customer service I was informed another shipment was on the water. Andrew Rae subsequently emailed me when they did arrive and three days later they arrived in the post.

Great service !



I mentioned VBCW above so I decided to purchase the source book - a great a interesting read and the rule set for the VBCW . Both were sourced from Northstar

http://northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=1


Can't wait to start these...

Whilst on the North Star site I found the Chris Peers rules for hunting big game on deal at £5 so this also was ordered.



On Tuesday this week I found myself with 30 minutes to kill near Foyles in Denmark Street (nr Tottenham Court Road). Once again the wallet took a beating and I ended up with both In Her Majesty's name (IHMN) plus Villains book


and the Osprey book called a World Aflame - these also serve the VBCW period



Looks like I have a bit of reading to do over the next few days...

Until next time

Eric

1 comment:

  1. For Pulp games, and other genres actually, Astounding Tales is my rule set of choice. I'll be interested to hear what you make of the ones you've bought though.

    ReplyDelete