Some more progress on the volcano...
If you want to see the last post head here
Once all the filler was dry I added the ground mix - sand, ballast etc and covered all these areas in my base paint used for the desert boards.
The plan will be to tie this piece into the others hence the same paint scheme.
I then had to cut a hole in the bottom - you can see my little helper !
Inside the hole I fixed a square of Perspex up against the lower lip of the crater
This was then covered in mastic (the tube says it will dry clear but I am not so sure). The mastic was teased into irregular waves, peaks and troughs.
Just need to wait for this to dry....
Until next time