Thursday 24 July 2014

Refurbishing the Shed

Over the last couple of months  I have had the mind to sort out, clear out and refurb my man cave - the shed.

At first I thought I might build an extension in the space where the kids trampoline used to sit but I am still negotiating this with Mrs Shed !


The current table is 3m (10ft) x 1.5m (5ft) - a good size but sometimes you need something bigger !


In the picture below you can see my mobile worktop - rolls around on casters.


This I can push up against the existing table and extend by a further 1.5 metres with a board laid on top. But quite frankly there is a great deal of dead space not used.

 
This includes the wall that it the rolling table is pushed against when not used. So out came the tools and a trip to the Wood merchants.
 

New racking now houses many of my 28mm buildings and boats.


The rest of the table starts to get built.


Using my stuffed Leopard as a clamp to hold the new frame together. If you want to see why a stuffed Leopard is in my shed look at earlier post.


And the final build - a new table that is now 15ft long ! All one level and loads of new storage underneath.




I need to secure some more mdf tiles and flocked paper for the base boards but otherwise all done.

Just need to set up some games...

 





9 comments:

  1. And I thought it couldn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a proper gaming board!
    I'm expecting some amazing photos of massive games on that. I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey, that's a proper Man Shed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ... more space for gaming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bigger table enables bigger scale! You could do some limited 1/32 on that! Wish I had a 15 x 10 table for my AWI collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is awesome! I also find myself jealous of your new shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff, Mr Shed! Now you'll need more figures of course, hope Mrs Shed understands that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No respectable shed is complete without a stuffed leopard, Jim. there has to be a story there :)

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete