Friday 11 July 2014

Egyptian Adventures - The temple build part 1



So this afternoon I put down the gardening tools and started in earnest on my Egyptian Adventures Project. I decided to build an Egyptian temple fronted with a pylon tower.

This is very much work in progress but for an afternoons work I am quite happy...




As you can see I still need the roofs - I ran out of foam core.


The whole building is going to be clad in a blue foam skin. This way I can etch on the detail of the stone work and if I am lucky the heiro glyphs. Ideally I am looking for a stamp with heoroglyphs on so I could use this for indenting the surface.



The resin statue in the middle was a cheap buy on ebay  its very heavy !

We are off to Northampton shire this weekend for a family bash so no more progress over the weekend...

 off for a cold beer

part 2 can be found here

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/egyptian-adventures-temple-build-part-2.html





7 comments:

  1. Very nice - what type of pins are they ? Giving me an idea for my latest project. Better get researching.
    Cheers Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just dress making pins...nothing special

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that - I'll get the wife on the case.
      Really impressive -thanks for sharing
      Danny

      Delete
  2. Forgive me if you behave already looked at Hirst Arts http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldsegypt.html they might have something that you could use. Also look at the message board there with the Egyptian tag, some pretty amazing stuff done with those molds.

    ReplyDelete