Friday 21 March 2014

Zulu - Back on the Big Screen




Yesterday I celebrated my 49th Birthday – can’t believe I am almost half way to a century!

I am however chuffed to bits with one particular present I received last night from my wife. What is this I hear you cry?

She is well aware that my favourite movie ever is Zulu, I recall fondly the very first time I saw this movie in the cinema with my father and brother in the early seventies and since then I have never been able to see the movie again on the big screen but that is all about to change. On the 10th June at Leicester square will be a 50th anniversary screening of this Iconic movie in aid of the charity of walking with the wounded.

I am the proud possessor of two silver tickets. After much soul searching and a load of pleas from my teenage son (he is equally keen on seeing this) I have decided that its only right that I take my old man – not wishing to sound morbid but rather a celebration, I figured it is probably the last chance either he or I will ever get to watch this on the big screen together.

Not to sure if tickets are still available but they can be sourced from here.

 http://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/event/zulu-50th-anniversary/

Who knows maybe Michael Caine might make an appearance !





 

7 comments:

  1. Superb present! You forget how much good films are diminished when only seen on the small screen. This is why I can't understand people who watch films on iPads or smaller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait - are you going to this bash in Guildford tomorrow might be a chance to say hello properly?

      Delete
    2. Forgotten about it but as it's only twenty minutes away why not/. What time will you be there?

      Delete
    3. Ill be there around 10.30 for an hour or so - as a special treat Ill be wearing the new Shed Wars Base Ball cap

      Delete
    4. Perfect timing for me too. I will be wearing a blue Toronto Argonauts sweatshirt!

      Delete
  2. It's Prince Harry's charity

    ReplyDelete