Thursday 22 June 2017

Napoleonic Project part 10 - French Infantry

Good Morning All

I think I mentioned in my last post regarding the Napoleonic project that I was working on the French Infantry

(previous post here - http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/napoleonic-project-part-9-chasseurs.html )


Well I am delighted to report that the planned 12 battalions are now complete and are proud to be lined up in line formation on my kitchen table.

Each battalion is 24 men strong and includes flank companies (voltiguers and grenadiers).

The figures themselves are made up on Warlord, Perry and Front Rank - all in my eye are perfectly interchangeable.


That's 288 infantry figures so far...


The flags have been used straight from the boxes


Each battalion comprises of six movement trays - thereby allowing a multitude of formations to be created


Rather than have mixed uniform units I have created units that are entirely wearing greatcoats and those that have not



The two units at the back are light infantry with their solid blue uniforms







Having laid these out I cant help but think that this is not enough so I have decided to add a further four regiments of French Infantry to the painting pile  ;-)

Come back soon

Part 11 is here

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/napoleonic-project-part-11-portuguese.html

15 comments:

  1. Very nice - I admire your 'just get on and do it' commitment, it brings results, while the likes of myself spend too much time 'getting around to it' :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm - once I start I have to finish ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is a certain something about French Napoleonic infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid, you are a painting machine Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a machine that needs regularly oiling with alcohol ;-)

      Delete
  4. It has taken me a year to paint just over 60 French. This has put me to shame.
    Really impressive, all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I bet yours are much smarter than mine...

      Delete
  5. Look great, lovely work in record time, mine are moving at a glacial speed by comparison!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but slow and steady will sometimes win the race

      Delete
  6. Only four more regiments? Are you sure? ;)

    Nice work on the French foot so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't believe it! I need to find a new hobby! If you don't mind me asking, how much time a week do you spend painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how much time a week? sometime no hours but for the last four weeks I have been pretty much painting three hours a night five days a week - there is nowt worth watching on TV.

      on average each infantry figure takes about 10 mins to complete but to achieve this you have to employ a factory line principle - believe me painting 288 pairs of trousers in one sitting is not fun.

      Its all block painting - no highlights or shading - and it is very basic

      Delete
  8. I'm lost for words really...

    ReplyDelete