Wednesday 22 January 2014

Roads for Wargaming part 2

When I left you earlier this week I'd just finished dry brushing the grey onto the road surface.

If you have just joined me and want to see part 1 head here...Wargaming Roads part 1

So tonight I started on the fun bit - adding the grass verges - some dabs of glue and add static grass - hey presto






Nothing too drastic but it does bring the bits to life and as you can see the grey brush lifts out the road surface. I still need to do some weathering to the surfaces but we are getting there.

I then took the opportunity to lay out all the pieces to see how much I had actually made...I am quite pleased.


Next up a cunning plan to create some roads in the village, with pavements, a pub carpark and of course some simple roadsigns, telegraph poles, phone boxes etc

With a bit of luck I'll get into the shed at weekend and lay out the roads completed on the table for a proper photo shoot.

Until next time

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love simple, effective projects like this. I really must get on and make some of my own.

    If I were you I'd make a few more curves, a Y intersection or two and some 45 degree angled ends so your roads can enter/exit other than at right angles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great roads. How flexible are they over hills and other terrain items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris

      Sadly these are not flexible so we wont be seeing any hill runs unless I build something special.

      Cheers

      Delete