Following on from my previous post I am delighted to report that the Breach project is complete...
for the first part head here...
When I left you last I had cut the walls and placed polystyrene in fillers into the holes. The next step was / should be relatively easy - I coated the in polyfilla and allowed this to harden,
Once dry I liberally pasted on pva and then covered the breaches in gravel. It didn't stick. Either the glue wasn't strong enough or the gravel was too heavy. I tried the same thing with cat litter - same problem.
In the end I coasted the breaches in hard as nails adhesive a pushed in off cuts of blue foam. These stuck. Apologies no photos at this stage.
Once this was all dry (24 hours) both sets were painted black. Again I left these for 24 hours to dry.
It was then just a case of drybrushing on various layers of grey.....4 coats in total
Not my best builds but they'll serve a purpose in the future.. as you can see two breaches added to the castle wall
The breaches almost marry up onto an existing wall - the height difference is the base
just had a thought...maybe I should breach one of the towers...