Anyway decided to crack on for an hour with the pulp steamer build.
The start of this build can be found here
A quick trawl on google for pictures of the King Kong movie ship lead me to the decision that I wasn't happy with my ships configuration. The movie boat shows the superstructure at the back of the boat allowing for one large cargo area. So I decided to move mine. A quick skip through the movie has helped enormously with rigging, colours etc
So here is the old configuration...
and here is the new...hopefully you like the change.
You can also see in the above photo that the decks have been clad. Many years ago I bought a massive bag of coffee stirrers from a catering outlet for a couple of quid. I think the pack held 1000. These would be used for the deck planking.
This really was an easy job, slap down the pva, trim the stirrers and apply.
I glued down all the planks on the precut deck plates.
Once dry I drew on the outline of the hull and then trimmed to shape
All the decks have been done including the bridge deck.
I still haven't glued down the deck plates (the foamcore) as this can be done once the hull is painted.
The large white are in the front of the ship will be the new hold area
Finally I have found the perfect portholes...
Hopefully these will get fixed with superglue.
The next step in this build is here
Until next time...