Ok Folks...admission to make. Every so often my terrain builds go wrong and I thought I would share with you my latest misfortune so others don't make the same mistake.
everybody these days seems to be raging about teddy bear fur for fields, thatch roofs etc so I thought I would get in on the act.
I headed off to my local fabric store in Kingston and bought a metres worth (just under actually for a couple of quid) - the colour I chose was called honey.
This is half of the purchase about 3ft square
I then headed into Wilkinsons an bought some dye. Green dye to bye precise for £2.99
I got home and soaked the teddy fur in water (as per instructions)...I then mixed up the dye with water and salt in an old bucket.
I then dumped the cloth into the bucket and left for an hour.
Rather stupidly I did not follow all the instructions...I had to stir continuously for an hour. Bugger that for a game of soldiers and with no tiddly peeps on hand to pay to do the hard work I left it to stand.
Result...not much dyeing...as you can see its gone a darker shade but not the green I was hoping for.
Net result....it might have been the fabrics resistance to dye or I should have just stirred !
Until next time