If you are a regular visitor to this blog you will have noticed that over the last few weeks I have turned my attention to the new VBCW (Very British Civil War) project.
The last terrain piece built were the telegraph poles. See link
Eager to see how all this was going to look on the table I was keen to lay out my toys and try to recreate an English Country side with fields, copses, a village and road network. With a lot of stuff still sitting on the table I was restricted to a 2 metre x 1.5 metre area but I think the effect looks great. I am especially pleased with the way that the roads work and how the Conflix buildings fit into the scene.
|In the distance a picturesque English Village (Conflix Buildings)|
It has however become apparent that there are still more things that need to be built or sourced
- more hedgerows - the next batch will include some gates – probably need a couple more metres
- some more telegraph poles – another half down will suffice
- some road signs
- a pub sign
- a telephone box – I have seen some cheap ones in the local tacky tourist shop that should do the business
- a road bridge that is sufficiently long enough to cross the big rivers (please note that I have not put out the rivers on this board)
- and of course the raised embankment for the train track – this will of course need its own paraphernalia including signals, level crossing and maybe a railway station/platform.
How far are we away from games – probably a few months given I have to paint up around 150 figures – these have all been prepped, based and primed. Basecoats of uniforms went on last night for about half of them.
I also need to source some armoured cars, some tanks and tankettes – but hey we are getting there
The following pictures are a selection of progress so far – hope you enjoy
|Traffic along the country lanes|
|The crossroads by the old War Memorial|
|The Quiet English Village|
|Somebody in a hurry!|
|Looks like a scene from Postman Pat|
|Traffic around the village|
|Passing Christmas Tree Wood on our left|
|The outskirts of town|
|Across the board|
|Passing through - wheres the pub !|
|Backdrop coming into play|
|My new telegraph poles...|
The cricket meadow outside the village...
Hope these were fun...