If you are a regular visitor to this blog you will have noticed that over the last few weeks I have turned my attention to the new VBCW (Very British Civil War) project.
Eager to see how all this was going to look on the table I was keen to lay out my toys and try to recreate an English Country side with fields, copses, a village and road network. With a lot of stuff still sitting on the table I was restricted to a 2 metre x 1.5 metre area but I think the effect looks great. I am especially pleased with the way that the roads work and how the Conflix buildings fit into the scene.
|In the distance a picturesque English Village (Conflix Buildings)
It has however become apparent that there are still more things that need to be built or sourced
- more hedgerows - the next batch will include some gates – probably need a couple more metres
- some more telegraph poles – another half down will suffice
- some road signs
- a pub sign
- a telephone box – I have seen some cheap ones in the local tacky tourist shop that should do the business
- a road bridge that is sufficiently long enough to cross the big rivers (please note that I have not put out the rivers on this board)
- and of course the raised embankment for the train track – this will of course need its own paraphernalia including signals, level crossing and maybe a railway station/platform.
How far are we away from games – probably a few months given I have to paint up around 150 figures – these have all been prepped, based and primed. Basecoats of uniforms went on last night for about half of them.
I also need to source some armoured cars, some tanks and tankettes – but hey we are getting there
The following pictures are a selection of progress so far – hope you enjoy
|Traffic along the country lanes
|The crossroads by the old War Memorial
|The Quiet English Village
|Somebody in a hurry!
|Looks like a scene from Postman Pat
|Traffic around the village
|Passing Christmas Tree Wood on our left
|The outskirts of town
|Across the board
|Passing through - wheres the pub !
|Backdrop coming into play
|My new telegraph poles...
The cricket meadow outside the village...
Hope these were fun...