With no help from the little shed people this was a task that took four nights to complete. I reckon about eight hopurs of work. The last card tile was a momentous event !
Once the tiles were dry the whole fort was drybrushed grey (in two greys) the rock base was given a similar treatment.
You can just see that the inside has been drybrushed yellow (sand affect) and that the doors have still to be painted.
And from another angle...
It was at this moment I realised that the gaming table/work surface was getting a bit crowded....
So after a big clearup I laid out the work completed so far...its coming together slowly..
Quite pleased with the impact so far....
The fort and harbour complex
And here are a some photos of pirates in their new land...
on the beach...the water looks great in these shots
On the walls
And in the harbour
Finally I gave the fort a good dosing of greenery. I used a dry mix of clump foliage, static grass, and flock.
As an experiment I am very happy with the results. Lets hope that it sticks. Scenic cement will be sprayed on to hold the final cover.
My son got a new digital camera for Xmas so he wanted me to add these...I think they are rather good.
To carry on this journey click here: