Tuesday 5 March 2024

28mm Macedonian Army - part 1

 Good Morning All

Following on from my rather large 28mm Ancient Greek Army (see Here ), it was time to turn my attention to the next phase of this project - the Macedonians/Successor forces.

Over the last 6 months I have bought six boxes of the Warlord Hames Successor starter boxes off ebay for around £60 a pop. These give you 100 Phalangites (pikes), eight horse and one war elephant. Personally I hate the Warlord metal horse and these have all been sold off and the funds used to purchase 4 packs of Victrix Greek Heavy Cavalry. These have all now been assembled and primedas Alexanders's Companion Cavalry. 



Half the pike are now primed and ready for painting - that's 300 little chaps.


Three of the elephants have also hit the painting table....


and the first 300 Phalangites are now finished (these were done earlier in 2023 but I dont think I ever showed them off). Each unit is 32 figures strong and by the time this project is finished I should have 18 units ready for action.



The basing still needs to be done but like my Greek forces these will be done ar the end


Hopefully more updates soon....

2 comments:

  1. I think you may have answered how many pike blocks are enough! Epic project.

    ReplyDelete