Over the last few weeks I have been tackling the vast numbers of infantry to build the seven regiments planned. That's 280 minis to paint and guess what I am nearly there.
Each regiment consists of 40 men - 16 for the pike block and two sleeves of 12 strong infantry men
I have ordered a fair few movement trays from warbases - I have a standard square for the pike block and my musketeers are based on 8 hole and 4 hole trays. This gives me some flexibility in unit sizes etc. My chum, Mark, who is building the Royalist force has sleeves of Muskets 8 strong so I can either match him and use the surplus to build commanded shotte or I can just make mine look more impressive.
|One finished- one almost finished|
As you will note from the photos the bases are not finished and I still need to add the standards and flags. I'll do all this once the core paintjobs are finished.
As of today I have now finished painting five of the seven regiments and the other two are close to being finished. My choice of uniform colour was quite random - a couple of units in red, one mustard, one green, one blue and the last grey.
The vast majority (99%) are all Warlord Plastic figures with a few metal ones sourced from ebay thrown in for good measure. The upright plastic pikes have all been elaced with brass versions (very pointy and sharp) and being tall they determined the size ogf box required for storage (14litre box bought from Clas Ohlsen) - as you can see in the last picture I need about eight of these for the whole army.
Just before I leave you I wanted to highlight that the next set of troops that are going to get my attention are the dragoons. Rather than go out and buy some expensive ones I decided to do some conversions using the standard Warlord cavalry with firearms raided from the infantry sets.
Until next time....
Part 12 can be found here